Do you need help with a recent car accident?
If you’ve been hurt through no fault of your own, we can help you. Are you ready?
The Smith Law Firm has successfully litigated numerous cases resulting in the recovery of millions of dollars in damages for its clients. While there is never a guarantee of a specific result, the cases successfully concluded by Bryan W. Smith are indicative of how his experience and knowledge translate into success. The following is just an example of verdicts and settlements:
- $6.5 million settlement against Hays Medical Center and two physicians for medical negligence.
- $2.5 million settlement against Missouri hospital and physicians for failing to properly treat malignant hypothermia.
- $1.8 million settlement with Kansas obstetrician and hospital arising from injuries suffered by an infant during labor and delivery.
- $1.5 million verdict against Missouri physician arising from injuries suffered by a child during labor and delivery.
- $800,000 settlement against Kansas obstetrician for injuries suffered by a child during labor and delivery.
- $500,330 verdict against a Kansas surgeon for cutting the median nerve during a carpel tunnel surgery.
- $474,185 verdict for driver injured in car accident in Lawrence, KS.
- $450,000 settlement on behalf of patient injured during dental procedure.
- $350,000 settlement on behalf of patient injured during hernia surgery.
- $250,000 verdict on behalf of client injured in an industrial accident in Kansas City.
- $200,000 settlement on behalf of patient injured during hip replacement surgery.
- $200,000 verdict against the driver of a vehicle involved in a one car accident in which the passenger was injured.
- $115,000 settlement against physician who injured a patient during carpel tunnel surgery.
- $76,000 jury verdict on behalf of client who suffered a cracked knee cap in an automobile collision.
- $63,000 jury verdict in an automobile collision case in Burlington, KS.
- $42,808 jury verdict in a motorcycle/automobile collision case in Topeka, KS.
- Confidential settlement of behalf of a family who lost a husband/ father due to the negligence of a nursing home.
- Six figure confidential settlement when a surgical sponge was left in a patient after a surgery.
- $200,000 settlement on behalf of elderly man injured by nursing home staff.
Use our expertise and efficiency
Thompson v. KFB Insurance Company, 252 Kan. 1010, 850 P. 2d 773 (1993).
Fiegener v. Freeman-Oak Hill Health System, et al, 996 SW 2d. 767 (Mo. App.S.D. 1999).
Sports Unlimted, Inc. v. Lankford Enterprises, Inc., 93 F. Supp. 2d, 1164 (D. Kan. 2000).
Wilson v. Kansas State University, 273 Kan. 584, 44 P.3d 454 (2002).
TFM Comm., Inc. v. Dultmeier Development Company, 206 WL 2443940, 140 P. 3d 453 (Kan. App. 2006).
Hutton Contracting Company v. Stanion Wholesale Electric Company, 487 F. 3d 772 (10thCir. 2007).
Skiles v. County of Rawlins, 2007 WL 983123 (D. Kan. 2007).
David Young v. The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, 2011 WL 3236555 (D. Kan. 2011).
Kansas court denies Goodyear motion in trade secrets case vs. Conti
At Charlie Fisher’s funeral yesterday I remembered what he told me several years ago concerning you. I would like to pass this on to you.
Charlie was down quail hunting and I asked him “What am I going to do when you get too old to represent me in court?”, as I considered Charlie one of the few top courtroom attorneys that I had run across in my lifetime. About half of them had represented me and about half I had just knew of. Charlie said, “It will be no problem because in our firm we have a young man named Bryan Smith who is a young lion.”
I thought this was quite a compliment coming from one of the masters. You have proved Charles right in his recommendation of you.
Bryan W. Smith is an outstanding Attorney and I could not have asked for a better attorney. He returned all calls and was there for any questions that I could come up with. I sincerely appreciate all of the help and professionalism shown by your firm.
I was a client of the Smith Law Firm, with Bryan W. Smith as our lawyer. We would like to take this opportunity to tell you what a thoroughly outstanding job that he did for me in my medical malpractice case. He was a complete professional in the handling of our case to a successful conclusion.